Scientific day in biohydrometallurgy
19 juillet 2019 Partager
CTRI is pleased to invite you to the first edition of the scientific day in biohydrometallurgy (JBM) to be held on September 26th 2019 at the Forestel Hotel, Val d'Or, Quebec.
This international day will be an exceptional opportunity to discuss ongoing projects on biohydrometallurgy, the perspectives of updated research and its application in industrial scale. Furthermore, the most recent technical and scientific challenges, as well as innovations in precious metal recovery from mine tailing and electrical waste will be presented. Finally, results from funded projects will be announced on the program.
This event is therefore an opportunity to bring together industrial partner, mining sectors, international collaborators and researchers to promote knowledge sharing in this domain.
Anna Kaksonen, Ph.D
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia
Patrick d’Hugues, Ph.D
Bureau de Recherches Géologiques et Minières, (BRGM), France
Nicolay Xavier, Ing.
Institut Meurice, Bruxelles
- 8h00 Accueil
- 8h30 Hassine Bouafif, CTRI
Mot de bienvenue
- 8h45 Daniella Bernier, CRIBIQ
CRIBIQ: Un partenaire de recherche collaborative
- 9h00 Sara Magdouli, CTRI
Projet CTRI: Bio-hydrometallurgical approaches for valuable metal recovery from industrial wastes and low-grade ores
- 9h30 Patrick D'Hugues, Bureau de Recherches Géologiques et Minières, (BRGM), France
Insights into biohydrometallurgy: from R&D challenges to industrial application
- 10h00 Conférence de presse/Pause réseautage
- 10h30 Xavier Nicolay, Institut Meurice, Bruxelles
Biolixiviation et économie circulaire, la valorisation de ressources secondaires
- 11h00 Uwe Hofmann, CyPlus
CyPlus roadmap of innovation in (bio) metallurgical processing
- 11h30 Manochehr Oliazadeh, Lycopodium Minerals
Biotechnology in mineral processing: Bioflotation as an Example
- 12h00 Dîner
- 13h15 Anna Kaksonen, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia
Advances in bioleaching and biooxidation
- 13h40 Caroline Olsen & Ilunga Tshibind Alex, COREM
Bio-oxidation prior to heap leaching for sulfidic gold ores
- 14h05 Jan Van Niekerk, Outotec
Unlocking Value from Refractory Gold Projects using the Outotec BIOX Process
- 14h30 Pause réseautage
- 14h50 Fatma Gassara, Biopterre/CTMP
Développement d'une technologie de biolixiviation extractive du magnésium
- 15h15 Homayoun Fathollahzadeh, Curtin University-University of Toronto
Biomining of rare earth elements from phosphate ores and minerals
- 15h40 Madiha Khan, Université Laurentienne
Genomics-Driven Optimization of the Bio-recovery of Refractory Gold from Arsenic-Rich Materials
- 16h30 Clôture/Remise de prix
- 9h30 CTRI visit
Call for students
A poster contest will be held to present the innovative projects done by college and university students. They are invited to submit their research abstract including 250 to 300 words. A prize will be awarded to the best presentation.
Please send your abstracts not later than September 7th 2019 to email@example.com
Book your accommodation and enjoy a promotion rate!
To make a reservation:
- Online (Septembre 25th and 26th available)
- By phone at (819) 825-5660 and mention JBM 2019, CTRI.
Confirm your presence now!
Registration at the cost of 100 CAD taxes included.
Registration for students at the cost of 50 CAD taxes included.
For all inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (819) 762-0931, 1721.